My thoughts on THINKING BIG:
1. When you’re fully self-expressed, fully demonstrating your values and your views, you’ll naturally attract and draw to yourself those you’re best suited to work with, and you’ll push away those you’re not meant to work with.
2. Know this — nothing great, nothing transformative, nothing that ever shaped the common good and inspired others has ever happened except by thinking big.
3. Stand for something (or others will stand on you).
4. Thinking big means transcending our small thoughts. I’m m not smart enough; I can ’ t risk my secure job on some flimflam dream; my parents [spouse, children, friends] won ’ t approve; people will think I’m crazy; nobody will like me anymore; I don’t have the time; I don’t have the energy; I can’t make a difference, I’m only one person; I don’t . .. ; I can’t . . .
5. Inspiring others to think big is perhaps the single most impor tant act of any one individual thinking big.
6. You are more than you know and can do more with less than you think.
7. Thinking big is not about one person thinking big alone on the secluded island of their dreams. It is about one person thinking big and showing family and friends and colleagues and others how to think big, and on it goes.
8. Any revolution, global, local, or personal, is about being fully self – expressed in the face of all the forces that conspire to pacify your drive, your hunger to be the most you can be.
9. A revolution is about one person at a time experiencing their own personal empowerment against an existing, deficient (small thinking) system. The deficient system may be something as big as a whole political system, or more local, like the system of a family, job, or relationship structure. It may just be the way you think about yourself and your capabilities.
10. We pledge to fight consciously every day against the small thoughts that threaten to derail our plans, our aspirations, and our dreams.
11. Think: “Why not me?” instead of “Why me?”
12. It is never too late to abandon our prejudices, to rethink, to think deeply again, again, and again about the world and what is right.
13. The truth is that big thinking is always, always [always, always, always] worth the expenditure of energy.
14. The only reward of small thinking will be paid in the common currency of all small thinking — unaccomplished dreams.
15. Small thoughts fear the future. Big thoughts are the future.
16. The condition for intellectual capital is big thoughts. The condition for spiritual capital is love. The future of big thinking rests exclusively on the combination of both.
17. We cannot (must not) wait for other people to tell us that we’re worthwhile.
18. Our core is that part of us that can never be destroyed no matter what is done to us. We can be beaten and tortured, tormented by others. We can lose everything we own. We can lose the love of our life. But there is a part inside of each of us that cannot be taken away. It is our core and it is rich and abundant.
19. To think big is to know there is no absolute knowing, except the knowledge that big things are possible.
20. Get comfortable with discomfort (if the shoe pinches, it fits).
21. There’s no right first step and no last step. To begin to think big is organic. Once you start it will grow like the seashell, your thoughts expanding ever upward and outward.
* You can find more of these in my book, The Think Big Manifesto.
Thank you Michael – Think Big is the foundation theme of all my coaching. Michael’s work add more power for me and my students.
Steve Pohlit, International Business
Turnaround and Real Estate Investment Coach
International Business Turnaround and Development Consulting
Real Estate Investment Consulting
Click Here and Discover If Coaching or Consulting Is The Right Answer For You
Connect With Steve On:
PS : I am very happy to share with you the link where you can get your copy of “The Remarkable Results of The Enthusiasm Factor In Business and Entrepreneurship” instantly for FREE. Click Here and get yours now.
|Steve Pohlit is a CPA,MBA and has been the CFO of several major domestic and international companies. Today Steve is an expert business consultant focused on helping companies improve their business performance including growing profits, revenues and customers. For a FREE 6 week mini course where you will receive 10 easy to implement action steps guaranteed to increase business revenue and profits by at least 30% in the next 90 days, please visit www.StevePohlit.com All articles published by Steve unless specifically restricted may be freely published with this resource information.